Founded in 1875, the GA group has kept pace with technological innovations and changes in the market and in regulations, creating stable, long-lasting business activity and economic competitiveness. The recent formalizing of the issues of sustainable development is an unprecedented source of development and opportunities for the group. In 2009 Samir Rizk signed a charter for sustainable construction in the presence of Mr. Jean-Louis Borloo the French Minister of Ecology, Energy, Sustainable Development and the Sea.
At the same time, a large number of our schemes have been or are in the process of being certified as environmentally friendly and energy-efficient with labels such as NF Bâtiments Tertiaires – Démarche HQE® and NF Bâtiments Tertiaires – Label HQE combined with BBC Effinergie®. These include:
- CANOPEE for Sodexo France in Guyancourt, by architect Jean-Paul Viguier, certified High Environmental Quality, or HQE (8 Very High Performance targets) and Very High Energy Performance
- HELIOPOLE for Banque Populaire Occitane in Balma, CDA Architects, certified HQE (7 Very High Performance targets) and Low-Energy Building (BBC)
Our buildings are designed and built to be:
- economical in energy and water and filted to be managed by the GAPEO® system
- assessed as having the least possible impact with respect to the environment and the choice of construction materials (embodied energy, life-cycle analysis sheets, etc.)
- environmentally responsible during the construction phases (e.g., sorting and recycling waste)
- comfortable with respect to heat, acoustic, visual and olfactory atmospheres
- healthy with respect to emissions of internal pollutants (volatile organic compounds, microorganisms, etc.) and sources of exterior pollution
The creation of green and energy-saving certifications dedicated to building confers outside validation to GA’s strengths and its rigorous approach. The group has also participated in projects such as the Peren project financed by the Fondation Bâtiment Energie (Energy Building Foundation), the HQE® Performance test project launched by the Association HQE®, and university research projects. We make a regular practice of heightening our employees’ and partners’ awareness of sustainable development issues.